TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Fuelwood permits are available for sale on each of the five geographic units (Ranger Districts) on Coronado National Forest.
Some districts allow collection of standing dead wood, while others allow for only dead-and-down wood. In some locations wood is piled and easy to access. In others, more remote locations provide opportunities for a more adventuresome outing. Details and maps will be provided with the permits.
Permit are for sale in the following districts:
- Douglas Ranger District – (520) 364-3468
- Nogales Ranger District – (520) 281-2296
- Safford Ranger District – (928) 428-4150
- Santa Catalina Ranger District – (520) 749-8700
- Sierra Vista Ranger District – (520) 378-0311
Details and maps will be provided with the permits.
Individuals interested in obtaining fuelwood permits on Coronado National Forest are encouraged to contact the appropriate ranger district office for information on the district’s fuelwood program and instructions on how to obtain permits.