TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The J.O. Combs Unified School District continues to partner with Banner Ironwood in a Student of the Month program, which recognizes one student every month from each of its schools.
There is a selection process in place where students are recognized for the various pillars of the Character Counts Program, which include Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Caring, Respect and Fairness.
This presentation takes place each month at the Regular Governing Board Meeting.
For the month of December, Ms. Dee Whittington, Pero-Operative Director from Banner Ironwood Medical Center, presented each student with a Certificate of Special Recognition.
The following students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of Caring:
- Damon Sabori, Combs High School, Grade 10 (not pictured)
- Skyler Fishman, Combs Middle School, Grade 7
- Bam Miller, Combs Traditional Academy, Grade 3 (not pictured)
- Jadon Tate, Ellsworth Elementary, Grade 5
- Eve Anderson, Harmon Elementary, Grade 3
- Anthony Nevarez, Ranch Elementary, Grade 1
- Jayden Dean-Silva, Simonton Elementary, Grade 3
- Jazmin Dean-Silva, Simonton Elementary, Grade 3