TUCSON, AZ (KOLD News 13) - There are plenty of road projects ongoing in the Tucson area.
Below are the active and upcoming projects as of Monday, March 25.
- Portions of Marana Road will be closed at Sandario Road beginning Monday, March 25 through Friday, March 29. Crews will be building a traffic control median. Marana Road drivers should use the traffic circle at Sandario Road and Marana Main Street. Traffic on Sandario Road will not be affected. This will only impact the western portion of the intersection. All driveways to Circle K will remain open.
- Southwest Gas pipeline improvement project will begin on East Broadway Boulevard near Country Club Road on Monday, March 18 and is expected to last until late July. Work will begin on the frontage road adjacent to westbound Broadway from the intersection with Country Club Road westward to the 2700 block of East Broadway. A right lane closure will be in place around the clock on westbound Broadway starting east of Country Club and continuing past Treat Avenue. The westbound lane closure is expected to remain in effect until late April. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times and parking will be accommodated in front of the businesses. At the same time, crews will begin work on the eastbound side of Broadway just west of Treat Avenue, then continue south on Treat Avenue to East Manchester Street. A right lane closure on eastbound Broadway will be in place Monday starting west of Treat Avenue.Lane closures will be scheduled in both directions as the project continues and additional work hours, including potential night work, may be necessary. Southwest Gas will provide updated information about travel restrictions as the project continues.
- On Wednesday, March 27 and Thursday, March 28, the Pima County Department of Transportation along with a certified arborist from AAA Landscaping will be removing and trimming eucalyptus trees on Sabino Canyon Road south of Cloud Road. The tree removal is necessary due to a fungus found within the tree. While our contractor is on site they will also be trimming overhanging limbs from trees in the area. Due to the location of the trees, and to ensure safe travel for the motoring public, it will be necessary to close the southbound lanes of Sabino Canyon Road between Cloud Road and Tanque Verde Road. This closure will allow staff to work safely and efficiently within the roadway. Traffic will be shifted onto the northbound lanes of Sabino Canyon Road and one lane in each direction will remain in place while work is being performed.
- From Twin Peaks Road north to Silverbell Road, concrete work will be completed along the northbound side on Coachline Boulevard first, before the southbound side of the roadway. Traffic will be shifted around the work area. Bike lanes will be closed and cyclists are advised to take other routes if possible. Access to residential areas will be maintained. Work is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, Feb. 27, and is estimated to take two months.
- Beginning Monday, Feb. 25, crews working for Southwest Gas will begin working nights, resulting in lane closures and turning restrictions for six weeks through late March. The right lane of eastbound Grant Road will be closed from Sundays through Saturdays from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. For more information, including turning restrictions, CLICK HERE.
- On Monday, March 18, around 10 a.m., Valencia Road east of Kolb Road will be closed to travel for approximately four months. The closure will allow work crews to reconstruct the section of Valencia Road from Kolb Road east to the newly constructed southeast ramp. During this temporary four-month closure, crews will remove the existing asphalt on Valencia Road, install new underground water lines, sewer lines and underground storm drain systems, as well as a new roadway subgrade, new asphalt, landscaping, street lights and sidewalks. All westbound and eastbound Valencia Road traffic on the east side of Kolb Road will use the new southeast ramp to access Kolb Road (please see the map below).