TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Rural Metro crews responded to a mobile home fire at Chapel Avenue and Hardy Drive, in midtown near Dodge and Fort Lowell.
According to Rural Metro, firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to nearby structures and had it under control within 10 minutes.
While there were no injuries reported to people, two dogs were found dead inside the mobile home, according to Rural Metro.
Investigators are at the scene to determine the cause of the fire.
Rural Metro Fire Department is offering the following tips for pet owners, after seeing an increase in pets dying in house fires. Those tips, reminders are:
- Extinguish open flames before leaving the house, this includes candles, fireplaces, and cooking appliances.
- Ensure there are no areas where pets can start a fire. This includes loose or worn wires, stove knobs.
- Turn off heat related appliances, such as space heaters, and unplug them.
- Don’t think that just because there is a Pet door that pets will use this to escape. Many dogs have purposely run back into the house fire only to perish. This is usually because in times of chaotic crisis, a dog will go to where he feels safe which is inside their home.
- Get a Pet rescue sticker and install it on the utility meter. This will alert firefighters that pets may be inside. Rural Metro has free pet stickers from as does the ASPCA.
- Have an emergency plan, and practice escape routes with pets.