TUCSON, AZ (KOLD News 13) - A data breach may have compromised the personal information of customers who patronized any of 50 Arizona businesses last month.
North Country Business Products says an investigation of "suspicious activity" led to the discovery that an unauthorized party deployed malware to numerous businesses it serves.
A full list of the affected businesses is available HERE.
The outside party potentially had access to credit and debit card information of consumers who patronized certain restaurants and hotels between Jan. 3 and Jan. 24.
The affected businesses encompass several cities including metropolitan Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson and Yuma.
- Frog & Firkin (Transactions Occurring on 1/4/2019)
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch (Transactions Occurring on 1/4/2019)
- Karichimaka (Transactions Occurring on 1/4/2019)
- Tucson Truck Terminal (Transactions Occurring on 1/4/2019)
- Voyager RV Resort (Transactions Occurring on 1/4/2019)
North Country officials say the issue has since been corrected.
They have set up a help line for consumers. They also encourage people to review account statements for signs of identity theft and fraud.
Consumers can call 1-877-204-9537, Monday through Friday (excluding U.S. holidays), 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.