MARANA, AZ (KOLD News 13) - The Ina Road Project moved a step closer to completion on Thursday, March 14, with the reopening of Ina Road over I-10.
Ramp access to and from the freeway is still at least a week away, according to Arizona Department of Transportation spokesman Tom Herrmann.
The project to reconstruct the interchange began in February 2017. Key project elements for Ina Road included:
- Reconstructing the I-10/Ina Road interchange
- Widening I-10 to three lanes in each direction
- Widening Ina Road to two lanes in each direction from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz
- Eliminating the at-grade crossing of Ina Road and the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR)
- Loweing I-10 to run beneath Ina Road and raising Ina Road to run above I-10
- Reconstructing the I-10 frontage roads
- Building two Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River
The next improvement project will be Ruthrauff Road, scheduled to begin Summer 2019.