Last updated Saturday, June 15.
Drivers who use State Route 77 north of Mammoth should expect delays between East Miguel Road and the Gila/Pinal county line Friday, June 14, and Saturday, June 15, for striping work. Intermittent lane closures are scheduled in both directions from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
Pima County Department of Transportation along with their contractor, Markham Contracting, will be milling and repaving at the following locations:
- Monday, June 10 through Tuesday, June 25: The contractor will be milling and repaving Magee Road from First Avenue to the end of the road. Work will consist of milling, repaving and striping. Hours of operation will be from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, June 13 through Tuesday, June 25: The contractor will be completing the milling and repaving on Pontatoc Road from River Road to Sunrise Drive. Work will consist of milling, repaving and striping. Hours of operation will be from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, June 13 through Tuesday, June 25: The contractor will be completing the milling and repaving on Hacienda del Sol from River Road to Sunrise Drive. Work will consist of milling, repaving and striping. Hours of operation will be from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Motorists can expect lane restrictions and reduced speed. Sheriff’s deputies will be assisting through the work zone. Please approach the area with caution and obey all traffic control devices. Minor delays may occur during this work.
Eastbound Interstate 10 between Ina and Orange Grove roads is scheduled to close overnight Monday, June 17, for overhead message sign work. All traffic must exit and will be detoured onto the eastbound frontage road between 10 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 18.
Ina and Orange Grove roads will also close to all through-traffic at I-10 during those hours.
Drivers who need to cross I-10 should use Cortaro or Sunset roads or Ruthrauff Road/El Camino del Cerro during the closure.
Drivers should expect the following additional restrictions:
- Westbound Ina Road will close at the I-10 interchange. All traffic will be directed to the westbound I-10 entrance ramp. Drivers will not have access to eastbound I-10.
- Eastbound Ina Road will close to traffic at Starcommerce Way. All traffic must turn left onto Starcommerce Way (except for traffic to local businesses), and all vehicles will be directed to the eastbound frontage road.
- Westbound Orange Grove Road will close at the I-10 interchange. All traffic will be directed to the westbound I-10 entrance ramp. Drivers will not have access to eastbound I-10.
- Vehicles on eastbound I-10 will not have access to eastbound Ina Road or eastbound Orange Grove Road.
- Vehicles on westbound I-10 will not have access to westbound Ina Road or westbound Orange Grove Road.
Law enforcement officers will help direct traffic during the closure.
Monuments will be installed in the median at each end of the limits of the Ina Road Beautification project beginning Monday, June 17 and ending by Wednesday, June 19. Traffic lanes next to the median will be closed in each direction of travel at both locations - located west of Ulene Place and the other on the west side of the Canyon Del Oro Wash Bridge, work hours are from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel time through the project area may increase during construction so please plan accordingly. Construction will restrict traffic lanes and may create congestion. Taking alternate routes is suggested.
Drivers can expect alternating one-way travel on Gollob Road from Broadway Boulevard to Appomattox Street on Monday, June 10, as work begins to install an underground drainage structure. The work will happen from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. A robotic flagging system will be positioned at each end of the work zone to direct travel during the work hours.
This traffic shift is scheduled to be in place through July 2019. During this work, those traveling in the area should expect the following:
- The contractor will work from north to south along Gollob Road during installation of the drainage structure
- Gollob Road will be open to two-way travel during non-work hours
- Access to side streets and residents will be maintained, however there may be intermittent restrictions as work progresses through the area
Drivers should plan for intermittent lane closures and allow extra travel time on Foothills Drive and on State Route 92 between Fry Boulevard and Avenida Cochise June 9-16.
Crews will be doing final striping work starting the evening of Sunday, June 9. Work will continue each evening through Sunday, June 16 at 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
Watch for crews in Green Valley who will be trimming palm trees every weekday through the end of June. Work begins Monday, June 3, and will occur between the hours of 6 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Approach with caution and obey all traffic control devices.
Naranja Drive will be closed from La Cholla Boulevard west to Gemini Drive from June 3 to June 24 to allow the contractor to pave the west side of Naranja. The closure begins at 6 a.m. on June 3.
The alternative route is Shannon Road via Lambert Lane.
North and south bound traffic lanes on La Cholla Boulevard will remain open, and Naranja Drive east of the La Cholla Boulevard intersection will remain open.
More information is available here: lachollaimprovements.info.
Sunland Asphalt is removing and replacing asphalt at the intersection of Tangerine Farms Rd. and Rillito Village Trail for the Town of Marana. Sunland is starting work on Monday, June 17th and completing work on Monday, June 24th. Working hours on the 17th to the 19th will start at 4:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m.
There is going to be a complete closure at this intersection for Rillito Village Trail from Thursday, June 20th to Saturday, June 22nd. It will be shut down from 4:00 a.m. on Thursday the 20th and reopen Saturday at 12:00 p.m. on the 22nd. This project includes asphalt replacement, utility adjustments, and traffic striping.
Final paving operations on Valencia Road west of Kolb Road are scheduled for Monday, June 17, to Wednesday, June 19. Work will begin at 5:30 a.m. each day.
There will be intermittent lane restrictions on both eastbound and westbound Valencia Road. Also beginning on Monday, left turns from northbound Kolb Road to westbound Valencia will be prohibited. A temporary detour will be in place through the end of July 2019.
Drivers should expect lane and ramp closures on Interstate 19 near Pima Mine Road on the evening of Tuesday, June 18.
There will be alternating lane closures on I-19 between 7 p.m. and midnight while crews install permanent striping near the Pima Mine Road bridge. The on-ramp from Pima Mine Road to southbound I-19 will also close.
ADOT advises drivers to plan ahead for the closure of the southbound Interstate 19 on-ramp at Ajo Way and to be prepared to use an alternate route for about two months. The work is part of the I-19 and Ajo Way traffic interchange project, which is now in its second phase.
- While the Ajo Way on-ramp is closed, drivers can use Irvington Road, 29th Street, 12th Avenue or Mission Road as alternate routes.
- I-19 will remain open with two lanes in each direction while ramp work is underway.
Motorists traveling east on Broadway between Euclid Avenue and Campbell Avenue can expect brief delays as crews conduct operations to place new pipeline beneath Broadway from the north side of the road to the south side. Operations are planned at Tyndall Avenue, Park Avenue, Highland Avenue, Cherry Avenue, and Warren Avenue, requiring short right-lane closures in those locations. Crews are scheduled to work Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m. The pipeline replacement work is expected to be complete in mid-June. For any questions or concerns, please call the project hotline at 844-258-7481.
Southwest Gas pipeline improvement project will begin on East Broadway Boulevard near Country Club Road on Monday, March 18 and is expected to last until late July. Work will begin on the frontage road adjacent to westbound Broadway from the intersection with Country Club Road westward to the 2700 block of East Broadway. A right lane closure will be in place around the clock on westbound Broadway starting east of Country Club and continuing past Treat Avenue. The westbound lane closure is expected to remain in effect until late April. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times and parking will be accommodated in front of the businesses. At the same time, crews will begin work on the eastbound side of Broadway just west of Treat Avenue, then continue south on Treat Avenue to East Manchester Street. A right lane closure on eastbound Broadway will be in place Monday starting west of Treat Avenue.Lane closures will be scheduled in both directions as the project continues and additional work hours, including potential night work, may be necessary. Southwest Gas will provide updated information about travel restrictions as the project continues.