TUCSON, AZ (KOLD News 13) - The public is invited to join Sun Tran staff for a conversation about Title VI Policies that affect major service changes. The open house events will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, May 1 at noon at the El Rio Rec. Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd. (Take Routes 5 or 21)
- Thursday, May 2 at 5 p.m. at the Flowing Wells Library, 1730 W. Wetmore Rd. (Take Routes 17 or 61)
- Tuesday, May 7 at 5 p.m. at the Murphy Wilmot Library, 530 N. Wilmot Rd. (Take Routes 3 or 8)
- Wednesday, May 8 at 6 p.m. at the Miller Golf Links Library, 9640 E. Golf Links Rd. (Take Route 17)
- Friday, May 10 at noon at the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave. (Take Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 12, 21, 22, or Sun Shuttle Route 421)
- Monday, May 13 at noon at the University of Arizona Student Union (Picacho Room), 1303 E. University Blvd. (Take Routes 3, 4, 5, 6, 15 or the Sun Link streetcar)
- Monday, May 13 at 6 p.m. at the El Pueblo Rec. Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd., Building 9 (Take Routes 2, 11, 12, 18, 23, 24 25, 26, 27, 50 or Sun Shuttle Routes 421, 430, 440)
- Wednesday, May 15 at noon at the Pascua Yaqui Tribe (Development Services building), 7474 S. Camino de Oeste (Take Route 29)
Title VI refers to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, stating no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Representatives from Sun Tran will be available at the public open house events to provide information, to receive comments and feedback regarding Title VI policies, as well as answer questions and concerns the public may have on other transit-related topics.
For more information on Sun Tran click HERE.
Those who cannot make a meeting and have a comment, may call Sun Tran’s Customer Service at (520) 792-9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For requests for reasonable meeting accommodations call (520) 206-8881 at least five days prior to meeting.
Comments will be accepted through May 20, 2019.