TUCSON, AZ (KOLD News 13) - There are several changes coming to schedules for both the Sun Link streetcar and Sun Tran's Express Routes.
The Sun Link streetcar will temporarily shorten its weekend hours, as U of A students head out for summer break. According to a Sun Tran news release beginning Thursday, May 16 the streetcar will end its run at 10 p.m. on Thursdays and at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
Late night service schedule which typically runs until 2 a.m Thursday to Saturday will resume again on Aug. 29 for the U of A fall semester.
This modified schedule does not change the streetcar's operating hours for Monday to Wednesday, which are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
According to Sun Tran beginning on Monday, May 20 there will be schedule changes for Sun Express routes, as current express schedules will expire on Sunday, May 19. Those who use Sun Tran Express regularly should check their routes as many have been updated, including:
- Routes 101X, 103X, 105X, 109X and 110X have adjusted weekday schedules.
- Routes 102X, 103X, 104X, 203X and 204X are redirected to travel along Ina Rd.
The fast commuter transportation service makes limited stops from outlying areas to major destinations Monday to Friday during peak commuting hours.
Passengers can find updated schedules and route information online and in the Sun Express Route Booklet, located on transit vehicles and at various locations throughout Tucson.
All regular Sun Tran routes and schedules will remain the same.
For more information:
- on Sun Link visit sunlinkstreetcar.com or call the Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 520-628-1565)
- detailed route and service changes, consult Sun Tran’s Route Schedule booklets or visit suntran.com
- on all transit systems, call the Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 520-628-1565)