TUCSON, AZ (KOLD News 13) - The J.O. Combs Unified School District continues to partner with Banner Ironwood in a Student of the Month program, which recognizes one student every month from each of its schools.
There is a selection process in place where students are recognized for the various pillars of the Character Counts Program, which include Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Caring, Respect and Fairness.
This presentation takes place each month at the Regular Governing Board Meeting.
For the month of May, Ms. Dee Whittington, Perioperative Director at Banner Ironwood Medical Center, presented each student with a Certificate of Special Recognition. A photograph was taken with the representative from Banner Ironwood, the Governing Board, and Superintendent Gayle A. Blanchard.
The following students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of Citizenship:
- Cassidy Michaels, Combs High School, Grade 10
- Evelyn McCleaft Sanchez, Combs Middle School, Grade 8
- Preston Lord, Combs Traditional Academy, Grade 6
- Anel “Aranza” Mejia Garcia, Ellsworth Elementary, Grade 4
- Alicia Sullivan, Harmon Elementary, Grade 6
- Tycen Luma, Ranch Elementary, Preschool
- Brynley Miller, Simonton Elementary, Preschool