TUCSON, Ariz. - It’s not a secret Shannon O’Keefe sets goals for herself each season. This week, she checked off an item she called a pie-in-the-sky, bucket-list goal.
O’Keefe captured her second title of the season with a 259-195 victory over Colombia’s Maria José Rodriguez in the title match of the PWBA Tucson Lanes at Golden Pin Lanes. It marked O’Keefe’s 10th career title.
There were two perfect games rolled during Saturday’s competition. Sydney Brummett of Wichita, Kansas, had a 300 in Game 4 of the Round of 32 and Kelly Kulick of Union, New Jersey, had 12 consecutive strikes in the opening game of the Round of 12.
Liz Kuhlkin just missed a 300-game in the 1st round of the Stepladder Finals, leaving the nine pin standing on her 12th ball.
Tucson’s Bryanna Caldwell-Cote finished 11th overall with a 215.07 average. She took home a paycheck of $1,650 from the tournament.
You can read more about this weekend’s event over at PWBA.com
PWBA TUCSON OPEN (At Golden Pin Lanes, Tucson Ariz.)
- Shannon O’Keefe, Shiloh, Ill., 259 (one game), $10,000
- Maria Jose Rodriguez, Colombia, 442 (two games), $5,000
- Liz Kuhlkin, Schenectady, N.Y., 515 (two games), $3,500
- Danielle McEwan, Stony Point, N.Y., 226 (one game), $3,000
- Match No. 1 – Kuhlkin def. McEwan, 299-226
- Semifinal – Rodriguez def. Kuhlkin, 247-216
- Title match – O’Keefe def. Rodriguez, 259-195