TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - COVID-19 shut down many services for Tucsonans. One of those was monthly household hazardous-waste collections.
But beginning Jan. 9, hazardous waste collection events will begin around Tucson. The first event will be on Jan. 9 at the Eastside Service Center at 7575 E. Speedway Boulevard from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This is your chance to get rid of toxic trash in your household or garage.
According to the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, waste is considered hazardous if it is ignitable, corrosive, reactive or unstable or toxic. These are items like certain paints, degreasers and solvents; acid or alkaline-based cleaning fluids, rust removers or battery acid; items that create gases or vapors when mixed with heat, water or pressure; and wastes with high concentrations of heavy metals, such as lead or mercury.
Residents will also be allowed to dispose of electronic waste at these events. You can take items like broken laptops, radios, old cellphones and broken televisions to dispose.
The City of Tucson will also offer free document-shredding to residents at each monthly event, with a limit of three boxes per vehicle.
Below is the full schedule for 2021:
- Jan. 9 – Eastside Service Center – 7575 E Speedway Blvd
- Feb. 13 – Pima West Campus – 2202 W Anklam Rd
- March 13 – Pima East Campus – 8181 E Irvington Rd
- April 10 – Pima Downtown Campus – 1255 N Stone Ave
- May 8 – Price Service Center – 4004 S Park Ave
- June 12 – Hi Corbett – 700 S Randolph Way
- July 10 – Eastside Service Center 7575 E Speedway Blvd
- Aug. 14 – Pima West Campus – 2202 W Anklam Rd
- Sep. 11 – Pima East Campus – 8181 E Irvington Rd
- Oct. 9 – Pima Downtown Campus – 1255 N Stone Ave
- Nov. 13 – Price Service Center – 4004 S Park Ave
- · Dec. 11 – Hi Corbett – 700 S Randolph Way