TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - Drexel Heights Fire District saved a mobile home from catching on fire by extinguishing a nearby shed in flames on Jan. 5.
At 6:30 p.m., Drexel Heights Fire responded to a report of a possible structure fire and an elderly resident refusing to exit.
Officials say the fire burned through the roof of the shed and was beginning to extend to the residence. Firefighters performed search and rescue in the mobile home and removed an elderly resident confined to a chair.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and prevent the residence from catching on fire.
The residents, a man and his wife were able to return home after firefighters extinguished the flames.
Fire officials say no injuries were reported.