Police: Man killed in crash involving train near Houghton Road in Tucson
TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - A pedestrian was killed in Tucson late Monday, Feb. 7, when he was hit by a train.
The Tucson Police Department said it happened around 7 p.m. near Houghton Road.
Union Pacific Railroad is investigating and said no one else was injured.
It is at least the sixth train accident involving a pedestrian in the Tucson area in less than a year.
- On May 3, 2021, a man died after he was hit near Fifth Street and North Main Avenue
- On May 8, 2021, a man was killed when he was hit near North Granada and North Main avenues
- On Sept. 28, 2021, a woman died after she was hit near South Toole Avenue and East 16th Street
- On Oct. 10, 2021, a woman was killed when she was hit near Fifth Street and North Main Avenue
- On Nov. 22, 2021, a man suffered serious injuries after he was was hit near North Granada and North Main
Copyright 2022 KOLD News 13. All rights reserved.