Arizona drops Oregon in first round of Pac-12 baseball tournament
Wildcats catcher Daniel Susac hit two home runs and had three RBIs
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - The Arizona Wildcats came out swinging and beat the Oregon Ducks 8-6 in the first round of the Pac-12 baseball tournament at Scottsdale Stadium on Wednesday, May 25.
Arizona catcher Daniel Susac went 3-for-4 with two home runs and three RBIs while Chase Davis and Garen Caulfield each added two RBIs.
Susac leads the Pac-12 with 90 hits on the season. Caulfield extended his team-leading hit streak to 11 games with a 2-run homer in the second inning.
The No. 5 seed Wildcats (36-21) used six pitchers in the game with Eric Orloff (2-2) getting the win after striking out one and walking another in 2/3 of an inning.
Trevor Long allowed a run and two hits in the ninth inning in securing the save, his sixth.
Anthony Hall hit a three-run home run for No. 4 Oregon (35-22) while teammates Brennan Milone, Drew Cowley and Colby Shade each added an RBI for the Ducks.
Oregon’s RJ Gordon (4-3) picked up the loss after giving up three runs on four hits in 2 2/3 innings in relief.
The Ducks will face Arizona State at 9 a.m. Thursday while Arizona will play the Stanford at 4:45 p.m.
Pac-12 Baseball Tournament Schedule
Wednesday, May 25
- Game 1: Arizona 8, Oregon 6
- Game 2: Stanford 6, Arizona State 3
- Game 3: Washington vs. Oregon State, 4:45 p.m.
- Game 4: Cal vs. UCLA, 45 minutes after end of Game 3
Thursday, May 26
- Game 5: Oregon vs. Arizona State, 9 a.m.
- Game 6: Washington-Oregon State loser vs. Cal-UCLA loser, 45 minutes after end of Game 5
- Game 7: Arizona vs. Stanford, 4:45 p.m.
- Game 8: Washington-Oregon State winner vs. Cal-UCLA winner, 45 minutes after end of Game 7
Friday, May 27
- Game 9: Game 7 loser vs. Game 5 winner, 3 p.m.
- Game 10: Game 8 loser vs. Game 6 winner, 45 minutes after end of Game 9
- Game 11: Game 7 winner vs. Game 9 winner, 9 a.m.
- Game 12: Game 8 winner vs. Game 10 winner, 45 minutes after end of Game 11
Saturday, May 28
- Game 13: Game 11 winner vs. Game 11 loser (if necessary), 4:45 p.m.
- Game 14: Game 12 winner vs. Game 12 loser (if necessary), 4:45 p.m. or 45 minutes after end of Game 13
Sunday, May 29
- Game 15: Semifinal winners, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Copyright 2022 KOLD News 13. All rights reserved.