NEW DETAILS: One dead, another facing charges following Tucson shooting

Published: Jun. 27, 2024 at 9:03 AM MST|Updated: Jul. 1, 2024 at 11:33 AM MST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TUCSON, Ariz. (13 News) - The Tucson Police Department says a man is dead and another facing a manslaughter charge following a shooting early Wednesday June 26.

The TPD says officers responded to Banner University Medical Center/South Campus for the report of two people who had been dropped off at the hospital with gunshot wounds.

Police say a 19-year-old Guillermo Aljandro Molina sustained a gunshot wound to his left hand.

The interim complaint shows 19-year-old Carlos Alcaraz suffered life threatening injuries and did not survive his injuries.

Police say the shooting happened at a mobile home park near Irvington and Park Avenue.

The interim complaint shows two subjects drove Alcaraz and Molina to the hospital.

The document shows both individuals, who have not been accused or charged for any wrongdoing in this incident, were in the living room and heard a “pop.”

That’s when the document shows they noticed Carlos was bleeding and took both to the hospital.

Investigators got a search warrant for Carlos’ home and found two spent 9mm rounds, including one that was in the trash.

The interim complaint shows detectives were told by Molina that Carlos handed him a gun during a visit to his home. Molina told police he made the gun safe by removing the clip and cocking back the slide to ensure there was not a bullet chambered.

The document shows Molina then told police he threw the gun on the bed, which caused it to go off.

Detectives confronted Molina with physical evidence and that’s when the interim complaint shows Molina admitted that after clearing the firearm, he placed the magazine back inside the gun and allowed the chamber to slide forward.

Molina told police he was covering the barrel at this time because he did not want anyone thinking he was pointing the gun at them. That’s when the document shows the firearm went off and shot him in the hand.

The documents shows there is no evidence to support that there was any type of argument during the incident.

Be sure to subscribe to the 13 News YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/@13newskold