Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Arizona Diamondbacks (76-72) hope to end their three-game losing run against the Chicago Cubs (78-69), at 9:40 PM ET on Friday.
The Cubs will give the nod to Justin Steele (16-3, 2.83 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 17 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Brandon Pfaadt (1-8, 6.25 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Steele - CHC (16-3, 2.83 ERA) vs Pfaadt - ARI (1-8, 6.25 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brandon Pfaadt
- Pfaadt makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 16th of the season. He is 1-8 with a 6.25 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 80 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was in relief on Sunday when the righty tossed six innings against the Chicago Cubs, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.25, with 8 strikeouts per nine innings in 16 games this season. Opponents are hitting .286 against him.
- Pfaadt is trying to record his fourth quality start of the season.
- Pfaadt heads into the game with 10 outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- He has had one outing this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Brandon Pfaadt vs. Cubs
- He will match up with a Cubs team that is hitting .254 as a unit (11th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .418 (12th in the league) with 175 total home runs (14th in MLB play).
- Pfaadt has a 6 ERA and a 1.333 WHIP against the Cubs this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .292 batting average over one appearance.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- Steele (16-3) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 28th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed six hits in seven innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 27 games this season with a 2.83 ERA and 9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .245.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his sixth consecutive quality start.
- Steele has pitched five or more innings in 15 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished seven appearances without allowing an earned run in 27 chances this season.
- The 28-year-old's 2.83 ERA ranks third, 1.138 WHIP ranks 15th, and 9 K/9 ranks 24th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Justin Steele vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks rank 14th in MLB with a .251 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.413) and 157 home runs.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 6-for-26 with a double and an RBI in seven innings this season against the left-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.