Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Arizona Diamondbacks (78-72) have a 2-0 series lead and hope to sweep the Chicago Cubs (78-71) on Sunday at Chase Field, at 7:10 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Jordan Wicks (3-0) for the Cubs and Ryne Nelson (7-8) for the Diamondbacks.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wicks - CHC (3-0, 1.99 ERA) vs Nelson - ARI (7-8, 5.53 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Diamondbacks Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ryne Nelson
- Nelson (7-8) takes the mound first for the Diamondbacks in his 27th start of the season. He has a 5.53 ERA in 135 2/3 innings pitched, with 88 strikeouts.
- The right-hander's last appearance came on Tuesday against the New York Mets, when he went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.53, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season. Opponents are batting .292 against him.
- Nelson is looking to pick up his eighth quality start of the year.
- Nelson has put up 18 starts this campaign that he pitched five or more innings.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Ryne Nelson vs. Cubs
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.417) and ranks 14th in home runs hit (178) in all of MLB. They have a collective .254 batting average, and are 12th in the league with 1285 total hits and seventh in MLB play scoring 747 runs.
- In 5 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Cubs this season, Nelson has a 1.59 ERA and a 0.706 WHIP while his opponents are batting .118.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Wicks
- The Cubs will hand the ball to Wicks (3-0) for his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed six innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 1.99 and 6 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .232 in four games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Wicks has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.