Diamondbacks vs. Brewers NL Wild Card Game 1 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 3
The Milwaukee Brewers will host the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first game of the NL Wild Card Series at 7:08 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Brewers will give the nod to Corbin Burnes (10-8, 3.39 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 11 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Brandon Pfaadt (3-9, 5.72 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Diamondbacks vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV: ESPN2
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Burnes - MIL (10-8, 3.39 ERA) vs Pfaadt - ARI (3-9, 5.72 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brandon Pfaadt
- Pfaadt (3-9 with a 5.72 ERA and 94 strikeouts in 96 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 19th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Chicago White Sox while surrendering five hits.
- The 24-year-old has a 5.72 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 19 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .282 to opposing batters.
- Pfaadt has collected three quality starts this year.
- Pfaadt has pitched five or more innings in a game 12 times this year entering this matchup.
- He has made three appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Corbin Burnes
- Burnes (10-8) will take the mound for the Brewers, his 33rd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw four scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while allowing five hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.39 and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .200 in 32 games this season.
- He has started 32 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 19 of them.
- In 32 starts, Burnes has pitched through or past the fifth inning 30 times. He has a season average of six frames per outing.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he'd extend his streak of appearances with no earned runs to three.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 28-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (3.39), fifth in WHIP (1.069), and 21st in K/9 (9.3).
Corbin Burnes vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks are batting .250 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .408 (17th in the league) with 166 home runs.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 11-for-49 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBI in 13 innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.