Rays vs. Rangers AL Wild Card Game 1 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 3
The Tampa Bay Rays take on the Texas Rangers to open the AL Wild Card Series at Tropicana Field, Tuesday at 3:08 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rays will send Tyler Glasnow (10-7) to the mound, while Jordan Montgomery (10-11) will answer the bell for the Rangers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Time: 3:08 PM ET
- TV: ABC
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Glasnow - TB (10-7, 3.60 ERA) vs Montgomery - TEX (10-11, 3.20 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Rangers Player Props|
|How to Watch Rays vs Rangers|
|Rays vs Rangers Odds|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tyler Glasnow
- The Rays' Glasnow (10-7) will make his 22nd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings without allowing a run on two hits in a matchup with the Boston Red Sox.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 3.60 ERA this season with 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 21 games.
- In 21 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in nine of them.
- Glasnow has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 21 chances this season.
Tyler Glasnow vs. Rangers
- The Rangers are batting .263 this season, second in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .452 (third in the league) with 233 home runs.
- The Rangers have gone 1-for-19 with a home run and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery makes the start for the Rangers, his 33rd of the season. He is 10-11 with a 3.20 ERA and 166 strikeouts in 188 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Friday against the Seattle Mariners, when the lefty went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up five hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up a 3.20 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings over 32 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .247 to his opponents.
- Montgomery is trying to earn his fifth straight quality start in this outing.
- Montgomery will look to go five or more innings for his sixth straight start. He's averaging 5.9 innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in seven of his 32 outings this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 30-year-old ranks seventh in ERA (3.20), 23rd in WHIP (1.193), and 36th in K/9 (7.9).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.