Smoke fills McKale Center after fire in equipment room

Published: Nov. 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM MST|Updated: Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:43 AM MST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - All of McKale Center was filled with smoke Saturday night after a fire in the equipment room.

Tucson Fire does not know the cause of the fire but continues to investigate.

Firefighters were called to the UA basketball arena around 9:30 p.m. after reports of smoke from the roof.

Capt. Barrett Baker said thick smoke caused a lack of visibility for firefighters.

The UA women's team is scheduled to play Grand Canyon University in McKale Center on Monday night.

Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.