Smoke alarm helps save family from fire

Smoke alarm helps save family from fire
House fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
House fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
House fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
House fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department)

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Tucson Fire Department received multiple calls around 3:30 a.m. Monday morning about a fire in midtown, in the 3400 block of East Water Street, near Grant Road and Country Club Blvd.

Crews arrived on scene within five minutes of the initial call and found a mobile home engulfed in flames. A family of three, two adults and one teenager had evacuated on their own after being alerted by a smoke alarm.

According to TFD there was a commercial business and overhead near the power lines; crews were able to keep the fire to the mobile home and keep it from spreading to the nearby structures. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters reported.

The mobile home was declared a total loss, with damages estimated at $30,000.  TFD has determined that the fire originated in an outlet in the master bedroom, due to an electrical malfunction.

Red Cross has been called in to assist the family.

Copyright 2015 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.