No injuries after school bus catches fire near downtown Tucson
Published: Feb. 10, 2015 at 11:00 PM MST|Updated: Feb. 28, 2018 at 5:26 PM MST
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Nobody was hurt and no children were aboard a TUSD school bus that went up in flames on Tuesday, according to the Tucson Fire Department.
The driver, who was on the way to pick up students, noticed smoke and got out safely. Officials determined the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction with the AC switch, TFD Capt. Barrett Baker said. The bus was towed to a TUSD bus lot.
Footage of the incident taken by a viewer shows dark smoke and flames near Broadway Blvd. and Toole Avenue. Toole was temporarily closed between Congress Street and 12th.
Stay with Tucson News Now on air and online for updates.
Copyright 2015 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.