TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - As the Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Showcase kicks off this weekend, City of Tucson has once again offered their free GemRide shuttle.
Those planning to catch the shuttle can park at any downtown garage or the Downtown Shuttle/Parking Hub. Here's a list of those locations:
- Downtown Shuttle Parking Hub: Located west of I-10 and south of Congress Street, near Linda Avenue
- Kino Sports Complex Shuttle Parking Hub: On Irvington, W of Alvernon at the Tucson Expo Center
- City/State Garage: 498 W. Congress Street, West of Granada Avenue
- Centro Garage: 345 E. Congress Street, next to HiFi at the entrance to Downtown Tucson
- Depot Plaza Garage: 45 N. 5th Avenue, underground next to Hotel Congress
- Pennington Street Garage: 110 E. Pennington St, near the intersection of Pennington Street and Scott Avenue
- Tucson Convention Center: 260 S. Church Avenue, north of Cushing Street
The Gem Ride itself is free, but the above parking locations could require a fee, so drivers should keep that in mind when heading down to the event.
The shuttle service connects to 41 shows for the next two weeks. Riders can get on or off at any of its 36 stops, according to City of Tucson.
The official shuttle hours are 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily from January 30 to February 14, 2016. Service times may vary depending on the shuttle route.
For more information visit: http://1.usa.gov/1nT62mo.