By Ciara Biscoe / Tucson News Now intern
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The public is invited to see the winning designs in the City of Tucson Mural Program at an open house.
The City of Tucson Mural Program will have the eight winning designs for the Downtown Mural initiative at the Pima County Public Main Library (101 N Stone Avenue) on Tuesday, April 26.
The event, which is open to all ages, will be held in the library's Lower Level Meeting Room from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Eight mural teams were selected to create murals throughout Downtown Tucson from May 2 to June 6. The teams will be participating at these specific locations:
- Issac Caruso, at 9 N. Scott Avenue
- Niki Glen, at the west corner of North Fifth Avenue and East Toole Avenue
- Pete Goldlust, at Old Scrappy’s, 213 E. Broadway Boulevard
- Jessica Gonzales, at Wig-O-Rama, 98 E. Congress Street
- Rocky Martinez, at Benjamin Supply, 440 N. Seventh Avenue
- Luis Mena, at Century Link, 142 E. Pennington Street
- Rachel Slick, Tim Schirack, and Alexandra Gjurasic, at Café 54, 54 E. Pennington Street
The project is part of a city-wide mural program aimed at beautifying our community while creating employment for creative professionals.
Volunteer, underwriting, and sponsorship opportunities are available for current and future projects. Contact the Tucson Arts Brigade online at www.TucsonArtsBrigade.org or by calling 520-791-9359.
The project is managed by the Tucson Arts Brigade with funding from the Tohono O'odham Nation, Friends of Tucson Arts Brigade and Visit Tucson.