TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Happy Monday!
We've got Josh Proctor from Mama's Hawaiian BBQ in the newsroom to show us how to make Spam Musubi!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 quart sushi rice
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Nori strips (dried seaweed)
- Rinse the sushi rice until the water runs clear.
- Cook the rice (with rice cooker or stovetop)
- Mix in the vinegar, sugar, and water.
- Cut Spam into six equal slices and cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Glaze with teriyaki sauce.
- Place the Spam in the mold (sushi mold); add a scoop of the sushi rice, press, and wrap with nori.