TUCSON, ARIZONA - Monday, Jan. 9 is Law Enforcement Appreciation day, and local officers are calling on the public to show their support.
Concerns of Police Survivors, an organization that provides resources to survivors of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty, has put together a list of ways to back the blue.
- Change your profile picture on social media to the jpg image provided at www.facebook.com/COPSArizona
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement
- Purchase an Arizona fallen officer license plate at www.servicearizona.com
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement
- Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement
- Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers
- Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards
- Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization's webpage or social media pages
- Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.
Tucson residents are being asked to display a blue bulb in their homes to show their support.
Bulbs can be picked up from the following locations between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday.
- Police Station (downtown): 270 S. Stone Ave
- Police Station (NW): 1310 W. Miracle Mile
- Police Station (midtown): 1100 S. Alvernon Way
- Police Station (east) 9670 E. Golf Links Rd.
- Police Station (south) 4410 S. Park Ave
- Nova Home Loans: 6246 E. Broadway Blvd. Ste. 400
- E-konomy Pools: 6020 E. Speedway Blvd.
Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.