TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The Pima Association of Governments will hold three open houses this week to discuss transportation projects that will be funded over the next five years, according to a news release.
The public will be able to learn about these projects, selection criteria, funding for the projects, and share insights on transportation needs in the region.
Representatives of PAG member jurisdictions, Sun Tran and the Regional Transportation Authority will be available to answer questions.
The open houses will be at the following dates, times, and locations:
- Tuesday, March 28, 5 to 6:30 p.m. - Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library (7800 N. Schisler Drive, Tucson)
- Wednesday, March 29, 5 to 6:30 p.m. - Randolph Clubhouse (600 S. Alvernon Way, Tucson)
- Thursday, March 30, 2 to 3:30 p.m. - Joyner-Green Valley Library (601 N. La Cañada Drive, Green Valley)
Major projects in the FY 2018-22 TIP, including new and continuing projects, are:
- Expansion of Aerospace Parkway
- New or reconstructed traffic interchanges on I-10 at Ina Road and at Ruthrauff Road, on I-19 at Ajo Way, and widening of I-10 between Ina and Ruthrauff roads
The TIP includes projects funded through the Regional Transportation Authority plan, which Pima County voters approved on May 16, 2006. The 20-year RTA plan will be implemented through fiscal year 2026.
The draft TIP document will be available for review online at www.PAGregion.com, and at several locations, starting March 14, as follows:
- Pima Association of Governments, 1 E. Broadway Boulevard, Suite 401, Tucson
- City engineers’ offices for the cities of Tucson and South Tucson, and public works offices for the towns of Marana, Oro Valley and Sahuarita.
- Pima County Department of Transportation Administrative Offices at 201 N. Stone Avenue, 7th floor
- Tribal offices of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe and Tohono O’odham Nation, and the San Xavier District.
The TIP is scheduled to be presented to PAG's Regional Council for final approval at its May 25 meeting.
Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.