Jack of Hearts Cakes
Yield: about 1 dozen 2-ounce cakes
- In a large mixing bowl, mash together with fork or by hand the garbanzos, hearts of palm, and jackfruit. You want to mash/shred it just enough to have a consistency like pulled crab.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and fold in with the bean/palm/jackfruit mixture just until well combined. Taste for salt and adjust seasoning.
- Scoop mixture into ¼ cup portions and form into short, cylindrical cakes, placing on a plate lined with plastic wrap. Put the cakes in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm them up before breading.
- In a shallow pan put just enough breadcrumbs to be able to coat each of the cakes.
- In a 350 degree fryer or in a pan with enough oil to immerse cakes, fry the patties in batches small enough not to drop the temperature of the oil. Fry about 3-4 minutes, flipping half way through, just long enough to get golden brown delicious.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and serve immediately with ginger lime aioli or sauce of your choice.