Arizona, Arizona State and NAU propose tuition increases
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Arizona, Arizona State and Northern Arizona released their tuition proposals for the 2018-19 academic year on Friday, March 16.
While most students at the state schools won't see an increase due to the guaranteed tuition program, incoming freshman and graduate students will have to pay more.
UA said 95 percent of its undergraduate students are in the tuition guarantee program, which locks in the costs for up to eight semesters.
The Arizona Board of Regents will host public hearings from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 27.
The list of meeting locations is:
- University of Arizona: Tucson Old Main (Silver and Sage Room), Sierra Vista Academic Technology Building (B153).
- Arizona State University: Tempe Memorial Union (Turquoise Room), West Verde Dining Pavilion Multipurpose (Room 104), Polytechnic Peralta Hall (Room 145), Downtown Student Center at the Post Office, (San Carlos Conference Room).
- Northern Arizona University: Flagstaff Babbitt Administrative Center (BAC 206), Yuma AZ Western College, Academic Complex (Room 111).
One of the meetings will be live streamed HERE.
University presidents will present their proposals in person to the Board of Regents on Thursday, March 29.
The regents will vote on the tuition proposals Thursday, April 5.
- For entering freshmen, the cost of tuition and fees will jump 1.80 percent for residents and 1.93 percent for non-residents.
- At UA South, located in Sierra Vista, tuition and fees will increase 1.89 percent for residents and 1.97 percent for non-residents.
- Graduate students not in the tuition guarantee program will see an increase of 1.81 percent for residents and 1.93 percent for non-residents
- Undergraduates in the UA Online program will pay $10 more per unit. This is the first increase since fall 2015.
- For entering freshmen, the cost of tuition and fees will jump $166 for residents, $934 for non-residents and $1,010 for international students.
- Freshmen and sophomores in the Polytechnic School and New College will see an increase of $842 for non-residents and $916 for international students.
- For graduate students, the cost of tuition and fees will jump $1,022 for non-residents and $1,098 for international students.
- For entering freshman at the Flagstaff campus, the cost of tuition and fees will be $11,564 for residents, $25,828 for non-residents.
- Graduate students at the Flagstaff campus will see an increase of $709 for residents and $1,447 for non-residents.
- Students at the Yuma campus will see increase of $264 for resident undergrads, $722 for non-residents undergrads, $372 for resident grad students and $864 for non-resident grad students.
Copyright 2018 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.