Two face multiple charges after Sierra Vista traffic stop
SIERRA VISTA, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Two people are facing multiple charges after being arrested by Cochise County Sheriff's Office detectives on Tuesday, March 20.
According to a news release, 44-year-old Robert Montoya and 23-year-old Mari Kirby, both of Sierra Vista, were arrested and booked into the Cochise County Sheriff's Office Jail.
Montoya faces the following charges:
- Possession of a dangerous drug
- Possession of a dangerous drug for sale
- Four counts of possession of drug paraphernalia
Kirby faces the following charges:
- Possession of a narcotic drug (Butane honey oil)
- Possession of a weapon during the commission of a drug offense
- Three counts of possession of marijuana
- Six counts of possession of drug paraphernalia
- Use of an electronic device during a drug offense
The pair were in a car stopped for a traffic violation in Sierra Vista and a Sheriff's Office canine alerted to the odor of narcotics. According to the release, methamphetamine, marijuana, butane honey oil, U.S. currency and a weapon were found during a search of the car and the two occupants.
Copyright 2018 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.