Firefighters keep mobile home fire from spreading south of Tucson
PIMA COUNTY, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Firefighters with the Rural Metro Fire Department were able to keep a mobile home fire from spreading to a nearby school and other homes Sunday night, August 5.
Battalion Chief John Walka told Tucson News Now that nobody was inside the mobile home when they arrived to the engulfed structure around 7:00 p.m. at 6001 S. Pablo Verde Road.
One man, a witness to the fire, was injured in the process of trying to put it out with a hose, Walka said. The man suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene of the fire. He refused to be transported to the hospital.
The mobile home was located next to Gallego Primary Fine Arts Magnet School.
Walka explained that there was very little concern for potential damage to the school thanks to a lack of wind and the response by firefighters.
Neighbors told Tucson News Now that the burned mobile home was vacant and abandoned, along with several others nearby in the mobile home park.
Copyright 2018 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.