TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Tucsonans love their dogs and one of the area's best tourist attractions, Old Tucson, even lets visitors bring their dogs in.
And on Labor Day weekend, Old Tucson is going to the dogs, literally!
The weekend will be dedicated to all things canine, with the highlight being the a diving competition held by DockDogs. There will be professional, semi-professional and even amateur diving categories like - the Big Air Wave, Extreme Vertical and Speed Retrieval.
The competition will run for three days during regular park hours, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with finals on Monday, September 3.
Guests are invited to bring their own dogs out to compete in the amateur class. To view the schedule and register, go to https://dockdogs.com/eventscal/dog-days-of-summer-at-old-tucson-2/. Pre-registration is encouraged, and there is a separate fee to enter the diving competition.
DockDogs® is made possible by the generous support of Pepsi, Central Pet and TRICO Electric.
The canine weekend does not stop there, the following are included with Old Tucson admission:
- The Humane Society’s Free Mini Vet Clinic, offering nail trimming, ear cleaning and more
- NW Pet Clinic will be offering free dog massages on Saturday and Sunday
- Pet adoptions will be available on site from both Pima Animal Care Center and the Humane Society
- Arizona Animal Experts will demonstrate rattlesnake avoidance training and give one lucky winner a free training
- Net Zero will have its misting station to help keep pets—and owners—cool in the summer sun
All of this plus Old Tucson's signature entertainment remains in the lineup: stunt shows, live performances in the Grand Palace and historic walking tours. Kids 11 and under get in free all weekend, adult admission is $19.95, with senior, military and Pima County resident discounts available. The park, at 201 S. Kinney Road, is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.